Pepper Pot Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Two former presidents found this comforting recipe for Pepper Pot Soup to be one of their most requested soup recipes for their cooks to make. Yes, both George Washington and FDR enjoyed a bowl of this soup along with crusty bread for dunking.
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds boneless beef bottom round roast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 cups water
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
What To Do:
- Place beef chunks, water, onions, bouillon cubes, and black pepper in a soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, or until beef is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer, partially covered, for an additional 45 to 50 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
If you enjoyed this easy soup recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 300
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 2.4g 12 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 37g 74 %
- Cholesterol 92mg 31 %
- Sodium 597mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 24g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.5g 18 %
- Sugars 6.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.