Perfect Split Pea Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our recipe for Perfectly Split Pea Soup is, well, perfect. Its extra delicious flavor will warm you up and have you asking for seconds!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup green split peas (from a 1-pound package)
- 1/2 cup barley
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 of a carrot, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups diced ham or smoked turkey
- 8 cups water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine the split peas, barley, onion, carrot, garlic salt, pepper, ham, and 5 cups of the water.
- Boil over medium heat for 1-1/2 hours, adding 1 cup of water every 20 minutes for the first hour of cooking, stirring occasionally.
- Add the baking soda. Stir until the soup thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 227
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1g 3 %
- Saturated Fat 0.6g 3 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 19g 38 %
- Cholesterol 27mg 9 %
- Sodium 493mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 34g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 11g 46 %
- Sugars 4.4g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for that farm-to-table taste during dinnertime? Well with our homemade tomato sauce, you'll get just that. Our Blender Tomato Sauce is as easy as blend, simmer, and enjoy! With fresh ingredients, and nothing but organic spices, this tomato sauce recipe will please everyone's Italian grandma!