Pumpkin Ginger Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A bowl of Pumpkin Ginger Soup in the fall will really hit the spot. Made with one of the season's most popular ingredients, this soup is warm, creamy, and full of flavor. And it goes great served with a side of homemade bread!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small onions, cut into quarters
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 (15-ounce) cans 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 (32-ounce) carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons complete seasoning blend
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (8-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
What to Do
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Saute onions, garlic, and ginger for 5 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Add pumpkin, chicken broth, and complete seasoning, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place the mixture, in batches, in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth; return the mixture to the pot.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in remaining ingredients, and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Serve.
Don't have any fresh ginger on hand? No problem! You can substitute with 3/4 teaspoon of dried ground ginger.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 149
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 7.6g 38 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 4.6g 9 %
- Cholesterol 7.6mg 3 %
- Sodium 495mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 14g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.6g 15 %
- Sugars 4.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.