Super Creamy Mushroom Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Super Creamy Mushroom Soup is so rich and creamy, it tastes like a fancy restaurant chef made it. That's because our Test Kitchen team has shared some easy secrets to making the best homemade cream soups ever. Give it a try and we bet you'll agree.
What You'll Need:
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce (like Kitchen Bouquet or Gravy Master)
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, salt, and pepper; saute until tender.
- Add flour and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly stir in half-and-half and browning sauce and simmer 5 additional minutes, or until thickened. Serve immediately.
If you want to reheat leftover soup, just warm it over a low heat, stirring occasionally. And if you'd like to make this lighter, replace the half-and-half with 1% milk and use low-sodium chicken broth.
As far as we're concerned, there's nothing like some hearty bread to soak up any good-to-the-last-drop of soup in our bowls!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!