We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Soup for dinner? You betcha, especially when it's as flavorful and hearty as this south-of-the-border classic. Wanna give it an extra kick? That's up to you, and your gang, of course.
What You'll Need
- 1 can (14-ounces) ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 can (14-ounces) ready-to-use beef broth
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into 1/8
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken and beef broths, the onion, salsa, and cumin; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the tortilla strips for 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning to brown both sides; drain on paper towels.
- When ready to serve, ladle the soup into serving bowls and sprinkle with the tortilla strips and cheese. Serve immediately.
Option: For a heartier soup, add some shredded beef or pieces of cooked chicken, and use a corn salsa instead of the traditional kind.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.