We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Soup for dinner? You betcha, especially when it's as flavorful and hearty as this south-of-the-border classic. Wanna give it an extra kick? That's up to you, and your gang, of course.
What You'll Need
- 1 can (14-ounces) ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 can (14-ounces) ready-to-use beef broth
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into 1/8
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken and beef broths, the onion, salsa, and cumin; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the tortilla strips for 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning to brown both sides; drain on paper towels.
- When ready to serve, ladle the soup into serving bowls and sprinkle with the tortilla strips and cheese. Serve immediately.
Option: For a heartier soup, add some shredded beef or pieces of cooked chicken, and use a corn salsa instead of the traditional kind.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.