Creamy Tomato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No one will believe this incredibly rich and creamy homemade tomato soup started with a can of crushed tomatoes! Let it be your secret ingredient to ladling up bowls of pure heavenly comfort!
What You'll Need
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, combine tomatoes, sugar, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and slowly stir in the cream. Simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through; do not allow to boil.
Check This Out!
- No fresh basil on hand? Just add 1 teaspoon dried in place of the fresh. And make sure to serve lots of crackers with this soup (we especially like oyster crackers in it) or, even better, our homemade Basil Pesto Focaccia!
- For more homemade tomato soup recipe you'll love, try our Bistro Tomato Soup, or our Copycat Tomato Soup.
- Want more great soup options? Check out our collection of Sensational Soup Recipes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone will love our fancy-sounding but easy-to-make Broccoli and Ham Quiche, whether you serve it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And since you can combine the ingredients in advance and store them in a plastic storage bag in the freezer until you're ready to thaw and bake it off, it makes an extra easy Easter meal!