Irish Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Irish Potato Soup is a traditional favorite that never goes out of style. Enjoy its goodness around St. Patrick's Day or any time.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 6 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
What to Do
- In a soup pot, melt butter over medium heat and saute onion and celery 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Add potatoes, broth, 2 cups water, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce heat to low and simmer 35 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 3 tablespoons water and cornstarch; stir into soup and cook until thickened.
- If you'd like, top with thin slices of hard-boiled eggs and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley just before serving.
- If you enjoyed this Irish dinner recipe, be sure to check out our Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 229
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 2.8g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 8.2g 16 %
- Cholesterol 11mg 4 %
- Sodium 702mg 29 %
- Total Carbohydrates 38g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.5g 22 %
- Sugars 3.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't find any red sauce here! Spaghetti Carbonara is a traditional Italian dish that's made with spaghetti pasta, bacon, and cheese. It's a creamy pasta dish that's kind of addicting. Once you try our easy recipe for spaghetti carbonara, we have a feeling you'll be having it a lot more often.