South of the Border Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If its time to add a little excitement to your dinner table, print this recipe right now. This Mexican-inspired stew is packed with flavor, protein and a zip sure to take the boredom out of your dinner routine.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds boneless beef round or chuck steak, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8-3/4-ounces) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 tablespoons water
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot; add the beef and brown evenly. Drain off the liquid, add the salt, salsa, and broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Add the zucchini, beans, and corn; cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and add to the stew. Cook for 1 minute, or until thickened, stirring constantly.
For the complete south-of-the-border experience, serve this with bowls of toppers including chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, and sour cream.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a twist on boring old salads? Our South-of-the-Border BBQ Chicken Salad is going to be a flavor loaded way to chow down on something light. This BBQ chicken salad recipe is simple, fast, and insanely delicious. One bit and you'll know what we mean!