Burgundy Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One-pot meals offer much more than just easy cleanup. This easy, hearty beef stew recipe is fancied up with a splash of Burgundy wine. If it's stick-to-your-ribs satisfaction you want along with company-special taste, you've found it!
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup Burgundy or other dry red wine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup frozen whole pearl onions
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (8-ounce) package frozen sugar snap peas
What To Do:
In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; brown beef in batches. Pour off drippings, then return cooked beef to pot and season with thyme, salt, and pepper.
Stir in beef broth, wine, and garlic, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 1 hour.
Stir in carrots and onions; cover and cook an additional 30 to 45 minutes, or until beef and vegetables are tender.
In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. Add cornstarch mixture to beef mixture and stir 1 minute, or until thickened.
- Stir in sugar snap peas and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.