Olympic Slow Cooker Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
To celebrate the 2016 Summer Olympic games, we came up with this recipe for Olympic Slow Cooker Stew. It's based off of Brazil's national dish (feijoada), which is basically a stew made with beef, pork, and beans that's typically served over rice. Our slow cooker version is super simple, hearty, and delicious!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds bottom round beef, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 pounds pork butt, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained, with 1 can of beans mashed
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut in 1-inch diagonal chunks
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 6 cups hot cooked white rice
What to Do
- In a slow cooker, place beef and pork, then sprinkle with salt and pepper; mix well. Add onion, garlic, and broth, stirring to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 hours. Add beans and smoked sausage and continue cooking 2 hours, or until meat is fork-tender.
- Stir in vinegar, then serve over rice.
- You can serve this stew with a few fresh orange wedges, just like they do in Brazil!
- The great thing about Brazilian feijoada is that it never has to be made the same twice, since it's often made with a variety of meats!
- To cut down on the cooking time, cook on high heat 4 hours.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 672
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 27g 41 %
- Saturated Fat 9.0g 45 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 55g 111 %
- Cholesterol 151mg 50 %
- Sodium 1,184mg 49 %
- Total Carbohydrates 47g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.8g 23 %
- Sugars 2.3g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!