We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This fresh new idea for fresh-as-spring asparagus may make even your most finicky eaters new fans. With an Italian-style twist, this recipe for Asparagus Parmigiana is a can't-miss.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Coat a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce over the bottom of the dish. Place the asparagus in the sauce and top with the remaining 1 cup sauce.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender.
Note: This can also be made with a couple boxes of thawed, frozen asparagus spears instead of fresh; just reduce the baking time slightly.
If you loved this simple asparagus recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Amazing Recipes for Asparagus: 13 Baked Asparagus Recipes, Roasted Asparagus Recipes, and More.