Orange-Glazed Roast Turkey
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The combination of citrus flavor and brown sugar creates a sweet glaze that makes dinnertime seem like an extra special treat. Our easy dinner recipe for Orange-Glazed Roast Turkey is simple enough to make any time during the week. Plus, you'll get the added bonus of having leftover turkey breast for lunches, so you'll have some yummy sandwiches, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-pound) turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 oranges, sliced 1/4-inch thick
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove giblets and neck from turkey; reserve for later use. Rinse turkey with cold water, pat dry, and place in a roasting pan breast side up. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over turkey.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar and orange juice; mix well, then brush half of mixture over turkey. Place a few orange slices in the cavity and around turkey. If you would like, now would be the perfect time to tie the legs together with kitchen twine.
- Cover turkey with aluminum foil and roast 1-1/2 hours. Remove foil and brush with remaining orange glaze. Continue to cook uncovered 1-1/2 to 2 more hours, or until thermometer reached 180 degrees in thickest part of thigh, basting with pan drippings every 30 minutes.
- Remove turkey from pan and place on a cutting board to rest 15 minutes before carving.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.