We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 4 tots
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
Potato tots are great, but they're not the best idea for anyone following a diabetic diet. That's why we came up with a healthier version using broccoli. Our Broccoli Tots are perfect for snacking on or for serving alongside any of your favorite main dishes.
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place broccoli in boiling water and blanche 2 minutes; drain well.
- Finely chop broccoli and place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Shape about a heaping tablespoon of broccoli mixture into "tater tot" shape and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all mixture is used.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- This recipe is from our diabetic-friendly site, www.EverydayDiabeticRecipes.com.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 134
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 2.7g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 8.3g 17 %
- Cholesterol 49mg 16 %
- Sodium 304mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 14g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.7g 15 %
- Sugars 2.8g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for a one-pot Classic Chicken Fricassee will make you feel good through and through. It's made to taste just like the kind you grew up eating, featuring yummy veggies like celery, onion, carrots, and mushrooms. We love it over curly noodles!