Cheesy Eggplant Squash Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's easy to get everybody to eat their veggies when we serve 'em up in such an appealing combination. Southern cooks have been making a version of Cheesy Eggplant Squash Bake for years, and now we're lucky to be in on their secret.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, peeled and cut into ½-inch chunks
- 4 medium-sized yellow squash, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup instant rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add eggplant, squash, and onions, and saute 6 to 8 minutes, or until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine milk, eggs, 1-1/2 cups cheese, the rice, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add vegetable mixture to egg mixture; mix well.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish then sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top and bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until rice is tender.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 454
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31g 48 %
- Saturated Fat 19g 96 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 18g 35 %
- Cholesterol 147mg 49 %
- Sodium 621mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.0g 20 %
- Sugars 9.6g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.