Cheesy Skillet Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want a veggie dish that tastes like a meal right from the chuck wagon? Here it is! Cheesy Skillet Beans goes with any outdoor party or, come to think of it, any indoor party, also.
What You'll Need
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16-ounce) can pork and beans or vegetarian beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 (9- or 10-ounce) packages frozen green beans, thawed
- 3/4 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter for about 5 minutes. Add pork and beans, garbanzo beans, green beans, and barbecue sauce; heat until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cheese; heat until cheese melts.
Sometimes we use white beans or black-eyed peas instead of the garbanzos. And add your own seasonings or even more veggies. It all works.
- All-Star Zucchini
- Zucchini Squares
- Easy Green Bean Recipes: 10 Unforgettable Recipes for Green Beans
- Super Easy Artichoke Recipes: 10 Artichoke Dip Recipes and More
- Country Kitchen Pork 'n' Beans
- Country Corn Casserole
- Half Sour Dill Pickles
- Summer's Best Tomato Pie
- Lovin' Onions
- Easy Stewed Tomatoes