Cheesy Skillet Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want a veggie dish that tastes like a meal right from the chuck wagon? Here it is! Cheesy Skillet Beans goes with any outdoor party or, come to think of it, any indoor party, also.
What You'll Need
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16-ounce) can pork and beans or vegetarian beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 (9- or 10-ounce) packages frozen green beans, thawed
- 3/4 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter for about 5 minutes. Add pork and beans, garbanzo beans, green beans, and barbecue sauce; heat until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cheese; heat until cheese melts.
Sometimes we use white beans or black-eyed peas instead of the garbanzos. And add your own seasonings or even more veggies. It all works.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Rice isn't only for serving as a side dish or throwing at weddings! It's also a main ingredient in this to-die-for dessert. Our Baked Custard Rice Pudding is a traditional, custard-style pudding that can be served hot or chilled - either way it's so tasty!