Cheesy Skillet Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want a veggie dish that tastes like a meal right from the chuck wagon? Here it is! Cheesy Skillet Beans goes with any outdoor party or, come to think of it, any indoor party, also.
What You'll Need
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16-ounce) can pork and beans or vegetarian beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 (9- or 10-ounce) packages frozen green beans, thawed
- 3/4 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter for about 5 minutes. Add pork and beans, garbanzo beans, green beans, and barbecue sauce; heat until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cheese; heat until cheese melts.
Sometimes we use white beans or black-eyed peas instead of the garbanzos. And add your own seasonings or even more veggies. It all works.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.