Creamed Collard Greens
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's loads of good old-fashioned Southern comfort in these Creamed Collard Greens that are perfect for the holidays and all year 'round.
What You'll Need:
- 3 pounds collard greens, stems trimmed and leaves chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a soup pot or Dutch oven, bring 2 quarts water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil over high heat. Add collard greens, and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain, then run under cold water for 1 to 2 minutes. Place on paper towels and lightly pat dry; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Add cream, remaining salt, and pepper, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Stir in greens and continue cooking until heated through.
Garnish with crumbled bacon.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!