Fresh Pepper and Cheddar Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When peppers are on sale, it makes this dish that much better! It's the perfect side for adding that homemade touch to any meal.
What You'll Need
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled fresh bread crumbs
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except butter; pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Dot with butter.
Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until slightly brown and set.
This is a great, easy side dish. For a lighter-style treat, you can use low-fat cheese, 2% milk, a lighter-type bread for bread crumbs, less salt, or even omit the egg yolk.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.