Garden Pasta Toss
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Deciding between making a pasta salad or veggie salad for the next family get-together? No need to choose one over the other when you can serve this Garden Pasta Toss that will satisfy your cravings for both pasta and vegetables.
What You'll Need
- 12 ounces uncooked tri-colored rotelle or other twist pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large red onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream
What to Do
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain, rinse, drain again, and set aside in a large bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add the broccoli, mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper; cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the broth, basil, thyme, crushed red pepper, and salt; mix until well combined. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low then stir in the sour cream and continue stirring until heated through. Pour over the pasta; toss and serve immediately.
- We've got even more fantastic broccoli recipes where this came from! Check out our collection of Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 26 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.