Garden Pasta Toss
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Deciding between making a pasta salad or veggie salad for the next family get-together? No need to choose one over the other when you can serve this Garden Pasta Toss that will satisfy your cravings for both pasta and vegetables.
What You'll Need
- 12 ounces uncooked tri-colored rotelle or other twist pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large red onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream
What to Do
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain, rinse, drain again, and set aside in a large bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add the broccoli, mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper; cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the broth, basil, thyme, crushed red pepper, and salt; mix until well combined. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low then stir in the sour cream and continue stirring until heated through. Pour over the pasta; toss and serve immediately.
- We've got even more fantastic broccoli recipes where this came from! Check out our collection of Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 26 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More!