Hearty Squash Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is a side dish often found at Southern "supper gatherings." It's topped with lots of melted cheese, and it's bound to make squash lovers out of everyone!
What You'll Need:
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with a fork, beat eggs and sugar until frothy. Add 1 cup cheese, the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper; mix well. Stir in squash and pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven, top with remaining cheese, and bake 10 to 15 additional minutes, until heated through and cheese is golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a big, fluffy, cheesy omelet like the kind you can order at your favorite breakfast restaurant? Here it is! We've stuffed this one with lots of onion, green pepper, and ham to create The World's Best Western Omelet. Once you see how easy it is, you'll be making overstuffed omelets all the time!