Hearty Squash Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is a side dish often found at Southern "supper gatherings." It's topped with lots of melted cheese, and it's bound to make squash lovers out of everyone!
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with a fork, beat eggs and sugar until frothy. Add 1 cup cheese, the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper; mix well. Stir in squash and pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven, top with remaining cheese, and bake 10 to 15 additional minutes, until heated through and cheese is golden.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 379
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 27g 41 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 56 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 16g 32 %
- Cholesterol 145mg 48 %
- Sodium 850mg 35 %
- Total Carbohydrates 20g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 8.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Change up your dinner routine with this recipe that's a cross between an ooey-gooey casserole and the best pepperoni pizza you've ever had. It'll only take you about 30 minutes to get these Pepperoni Pie Squares on the dinner table. (Be prepared to be asked for second helpings!)