Lucky Black Eyed Peas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you're cooking up a batch of black-eyed peas for luck on New Year's Day or just looking for a speedy side, this is the recipe for you!
What You'll Need
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans black-eyed peas drained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can Cajun-style stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Cook bell pepper and onion in reserved drippings over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Add peas and remaining 3 ingredients to skillet. Cook over low heat until thoroughly heated, stirring often. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
I use canned peas packed from fresh shelled peas instead of dried peas for the best flavor.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Life gets busy and sometimes, that means we need quick breakfast ideas we can take on-the go. Well, it doesn't get much quicker than our Breakfast in a Mug recipe. You can make this in the microwave in less than 5 minutes. Wanna know the best part? You can grab the mug and go! No more excuses to skip the most important meal of the day.