Lucky Black Eyed Peas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you're cooking up a batch of black-eyed peas for luck on New Year's Day or just looking for a speedy side, this is the recipe for you!
What You'll Need
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans black-eyed peas drained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can Cajun-style stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Cook bell pepper and onion in reserved drippings over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Add peas and remaining 3 ingredients to skillet. Cook over low heat until thoroughly heated, stirring often. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
I use canned peas packed from fresh shelled peas instead of dried peas for the best flavor.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!