Marsala Laced Mushrooms
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Most of the alcohol burns off when we cook with wine, but its rich flavor remains. Serve this tasty marsala wine-laced mushroom bake with its crunchy topping to liven up a weeknight routine or impress guests!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup marsala cooking wine (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 pound mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine marsala cooking wine, soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon melted butter; mix well. Stir in mushrooms and let stand 10 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, sage (if desired), parsley, and remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter; mix well.
- Pour mushrooms into a 9-inch pie plate or baking dish and bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and pour off about half the liquid. Sprinkle mushrooms with breadcrumb mixture and bake 10 more minutes, or until browned.
Cooking wine, which can be found at your local supermarket, is shelf-stable and lasts longer than drinking wine.
Recipe courtesy of Mizkan Americas
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 145
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 4.3g 21 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 6.2g 12 %
- Cholesterol 17mg 6 %
- Sodium 415mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 2.9g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!