Southern Baked Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Different regions of the country have their own way of making baked beans. This recipe for Southern Baked Beans is cooked up Southern-style, which means that it's flavored with classic ingredients that add just a bit of sweetness.
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chili sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until beans are bubbly and sauce has thickened.
Here's a way to turn our franks and beans into a tasty and hearty soup we call Beanie Weenie Soup!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!