Southern Baked Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Different regions of the country have their own way of making baked beans. This recipe for Southern Baked Beans is cooked up Southern-style, which means that it's flavored with classic ingredients that add just a bit of sweetness.
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chili sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until beans are bubbly and sauce has thickened.
Here's a way to turn our franks and beans into a tasty and hearty soup we call Beanie Weenie Soup!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Change up your dinner routine with this recipe that's a cross between an ooey-gooey casserole and the best pepperoni pizza you've ever had. It'll only take you about 30 minutes to get these Pepperoni Pie Squares on the dinner table. (Be prepared to be asked for second helpings!)