Summer's Best Tomato Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This summer, how about using those ruby red tomatoes to bake up something a little unusual but a whole lot tasty? We call it Summer's Best Tomato Pie and it's so fresh and creamy, you're gonna have a hard time stopping at one slice. With tomatoes being such a great summer food buy, you may want to bake one for a friend, too!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate; fold edges under and crimp. Prick bottom and sides of crust with a fork. Bake 8 minutes, remove from oven, and reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange tomato slices in crust. In a medium bowl, combine egg, heavy cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix well and pour over tomatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let sit 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
We just love the bounty of summer tomatoes and are always looking for yummy ways to enjoy them. Our All-Star Zucchini is always a hit with our gang, so we're passing it along to you!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 338
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25g 39 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 53 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.3g 9 %
- Cholesterol 78mg 26 %
- Sodium 501mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 3.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've only got 15 minutes to make dinner, then you're going to love this pressure cooker recipe for 15-Minute Chicken Cacciatore. This is a fast and flavor-packed version of a classic Italian dish. Your family is going to devour it!