Skillet Summer Vegetables
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a fresh way to bring those summer flavors into your kitchen! With our recipe for Skillet Summer Vegetables you can whip up an easy side dish that has all those summer-fresh vegetables you love, like zucchini and tomatoes. This side dish will really make your dinner spread wonderful!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 2 summer squash, sliced into rounds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
What to Do
- In a large deep skillet over medium heat, heat oil; saute garlic and onion 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and continue cooking 5 minutes, or until tomatoes soften.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook 10 to 15 more minutes, or until zucchini and squash are soft. Serve immediately.
- If you have any on hand, fresh basil and oregano make this dish taste even fresher!
- Have an abundance of zucchini and looking for tasty and creative ways to use it? Check out the many options on our website and take an extra close look at our Chocolate Zucchini Bread!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a no-bake homemade dessert that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer weather months? Then have to try our Blueberry-Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches! Not only will this fresh-tasting dessert keep your kitchen cool, but it's got some supermarket-shortcuts to make it less hassle too!