Mexican Street Corn
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Corn on the cob is one of those street foods that's really trendy right now, and one of the most popular ways to serve it is in a style known as Mexican Street Corn. In our version, we slather corn on the cob with butter before topping with a bit of chili powder, cilantro, Cotija cheese, and a squeeze of lime. It's tasty!
What You'll Need
- 8 ears of fresh corn, in the husk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup grated cotija cheese
- Juice of 2 limes
What to Do
- Place corn with husks on in cold water, submerging completely; soak 15 minutes. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove corn from water, shake off excess water, place around edges of grill or over indirect heat, and cover.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until kernels are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine butter, chili powder, and cilantro. Remove corn from heat and carefully remove husks and silk.
- Brush butter mixture evenly over corn, sprinkle with cheese, and drizzle with lime juice. Serve immediately.
Here's another option: You can husk and boil the corn and dress it up as shown above, or roast it directly on the rack in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or so.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 337
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22g 34 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 64 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 7.7g 15 %
- Cholesterol 53mg 18 %
- Sodium 300mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 34g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our All American Skillet Goulash takes a few tasty liberties with traditional goulash and makes an all American goulash that's praise-worthy. Wait 'til you taste our budget-friendly, skillet version that is pure hearty comfort food.