Red Sea Garbanzo Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Most of us just think of garbanzo beans as a special salad add-in, but when we serve them up with a Middle Eastern flair...watch out!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 cans (15 to 19 ounces each) garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained
- 1 can (14½ ounces) stewed chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil then sauté the garlic until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the remaining ingredients; cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot.
If you prefer, you can serve this as a cold side dish.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a light and fluffy quick bread that's perfect for the holiday season. Our Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry Bread is studded with lots of sweet red raspberries. This bread is pretty enough and tasty enough to give as a homemade gift, but easy enough to make anytime you're craving a "razzle-dazzling" treat.