Saucy Green Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing wrong with plain fresh steamed green beans, but it's hard to go back to that way after trying our Saucy Green Beans!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen cut green beans (see Notes)
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place green beans in a large saucepan and add just enough water to cover the beans. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Drain beans and return them to saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve immediately.
- If you prefer to use fresh green beans, trim and cut 1-1/2 pounds of beans in half; they'll have to steam or boil a bit longer before they're tender.
- Go ahead and make these Parmesan Green Beans by sprinkling with grated Parmesan cheese just before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.