We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Talk about a comforting side dish! Serve our creamy, rich Squash Bake, made with garden-fresh yellow squash, with any of your favorite main dishes to round out your meal with a healthy dose of good-for-you veggies.
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds yellow squash, diced
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, cook squash and onion in water over medium heat 15 minutes, or until tender; drain well.
- In a medium bowl, combine drained squash mixture, the soup, cheese, salt, and pepper; mix well then pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with crushed cornflakes and drizzle with melted butter. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until heated through and topping is golden.