We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This summer veggie medley with yellow squash, zucchini, and tomatoes in a light herb sauce, is a tasty way to compliment any entrèe.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into small chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 medium yellow squash, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
What to Do
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the tomatoes, garlic, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper; cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the yellow squash and zucchini; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and the sauce thickens slightly.
This dish comes alive even more when topped with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese just before serving.