Sweet Vidalia Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sweet Vidalia onion pie is almost like a quiche but minus the eggs! This incredibly easy as pie recipe for using in season Vidalia onions will fit a light lunch or be the perfect side dish for your main course!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie shell, baked according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium Vidalia or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon pieces
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a medium bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, Cheddar cheese, and mayonnaise; mix well. Spread half the mixture into baked pie shell; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté onion slices 4 to 5 minutes, until translucent and soft.
- Place onions and tomatoes over cheese mixture. Sprinkle with bacon pieces, reserving a few for garnish. Spread remaining cheese mixture on top and sprinkle with reserved bacon pieces.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden. Let cool 5 minutes then slice and serve.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Vidalia Onion Committee
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 576
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43g 67 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 75 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 19g 38 %
- Cholesterol 71mg 24 %
- Sodium 1,113mg 46 %
- Total Carbohydrates 27g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 4.6g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party? If so, then you've got to make our Not-Fried Chicken Cheese Balls! They feature the delicious trio of chicken, cheese, and bacon in an easy-to-eat form. Your guests will love taking a bite out of these (and you'll love how simple they are to make!).