Sweet 'n' Hot Onion Rings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Get ready to reach for the tastiest homemade onion rings ever! Our Sweet 'n' Hot Onion Rings are made from mild, sweet onions that are fried in a zesty batter that's sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups club soda
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 large sweet yellow onions, cut into 3/8-inch-thick slices and separated into rings
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, ground red pepper, and salt. Whisk club soda into mixture.
- In a large soup pot, heat 2 inches of oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Dip each onion ring into the batter, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl. Fry a few onion rings at a time for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden, turning once during cooking. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you serve this as a snack or a side dish, it's sure to be a hit. Golden and crispy potato wedges pair perfectly with our creamy avocado dip. It's hard not to get addicted to our recipe for Crispy Potato Wedges with California Dip; it's that good.