Sweet 'n' Hot Onion Rings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Get ready to reach for the tastiest homemade onion rings ever! Our Sweet 'n' Hot Onion Rings are made from mild, sweet onions that are fried in a zesty batter that's sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups club soda
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 large sweet yellow onions, cut into 3/8-inch-thick slices and separated into rings
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, ground red pepper, and salt. Whisk club soda into mixture.
- In a large soup pot, heat 2 inches of oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Dip each onion ring into the batter, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl. Fry a few onion rings at a time for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden, turning once during cooking. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ready to change up your sides? Our Vegetable Couscous recipe is a Moroccan-favorite and it's so versatile, it'll never get old! Not only can you switch it up with your favorite veggies, but you can eat it hot, or cold! Now that's definitely a side dish to put on the menu!