We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For something out of the ordinary that's packed with veggies, try these pancakes for a tasty side dish. Sour cream and salsa really send 'em over the top!
What You'll Need
- 1 (6-ounce) package self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 1 (11-ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 7 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
What to Do
- Stir together first 9 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet. Drop half of batter by 1/3 cupfuls into hot oil, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Keep warm.
- Repeat procedure with remaining oil and batter. If desired, serve pancakes with sour cream and salsa.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!