Very Veggie Tempura
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Break out the chopsticks 'cause we're taking you on a trip to the Far East with our recipe for Very Veggie Tempura. We took some of your favorite veggies, coated them in a delicious batter, and fried them to perfection. So, get out your favorite dipping sauce and get ready to start dunkin'!
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch, divided
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cold club soda
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
What To Do:
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil just until hot but not smoking.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup cornstarch, the baking powder, garlic powder, salt, and ground red pepper. Add club soda and mix well.
- Lightly dust the vegetables with remaining cornstarch then dip a few at a time into the batter. Gently place in the hot oil and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden, turning to coat evenly. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Continue until all vegetables are cooked.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm on a baking sheet in a low oven.
- Serve this with our Garlic Ginger Dipping Sauce, which is simply 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger, 2 tablespoons chopped green onion, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 teaspoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon sesame oil whisked together in a bowl. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make this your very own veggie tempura by using your favorite vegetables!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!