We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's time for an update of the traditional Sloppy Joes, and here it is! This is an easy, budget-friendly meal that's sure to please.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split (see Notes)
What To Do:
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground meat and onion 6 to 8 minutes; drain off any excess fat.
- Add barbecue sauce and pepper; cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in cheese, spoon over buns, and serve.
If you toast the hamburger buns, they should hold up better with this hearty topper.
- Serve these up with a side of our easy Baked Cheddar Fries, and you'll have a complete (and completely delicious!) meal! Just pop these in the oven first while you're getting the rest of your meal together.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more down-home than the wonderful flavors of backwoods country cooking, so it's only fitting that these Hillbilly Baked Beans are one of our most popular slow cooker potluck recipes. They can even be reheated on a grill for a smoky taste that can't be beat!