Classic Corned Beef and Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing says St. Patrick's Day like this Classic Corned Beef and Cabbage. And whether you're Irish or not, there's no denying that this is one tasty recipe!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) corned beef brisket with pickling spices
- 8 cups water
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 green cabbage, cut into 2-inch wedges
What To Do:
- In a large Dutch oven over high heat, bring corned beef with pickling spices and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 2-1/2 hours, or until almost fork-tender.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and cabbage to corned beef and continue cooking, covered, 25 to 30 minutes, or until vegetables and corned beef are fork-tender.
- Place corned beef on a cutting board and slice across the grain. Serve with vegetables.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!