Fiesta of a Spread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
All the yummy veggies, seasonings, and cheeses blend together to make a fiesta in your mouth. Add this Fiesta of a Spread to your next Mexican potluck menu and we guarantee everyone will be saying, "Gracias!"
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) package corn chips, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (16-ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 (1-1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (6-ounce) carton avocado dip
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 3 (2-1/4-ounce) cans sliced ripe olives
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, shredded
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine crushed corn chips and butter; press into bottom and 1-inch up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Combine refried beans and taco seasoning mix, stirring well; spread over prepared crust. Layer avocado dip and remaining 5 ingredients over refried bean mixture; cover and chill 8 hours.
Place on a serving plate, and remove sides of springform pan. Serve with large corn chips or tortilla chips.
You might want to add a half pound shredded cooked chicken or browned ground beef to this popular Mexican spread for a hearty change. You can also substitute 1 cup homemade guacamole for avocado dip, if you enjoy making the creamy dip. Crushing the corn chips? No problem. Just transfer the chips to a zip-top bag, seal the bag, and have at it with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Want even more of the best potluck recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Must-Have Potluck Recipes: 37 Recipes for Parties, Potlucks, Dinners, and More.