Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The best shrimp cocktail makers know these secrets: Keep the shrimp firm and full of flavor by adding a splash of lemon juice to the water when it's boiling and drain but never rinse the shrimp after boiling. Try it!
What You'll Need
- 8 cups (2 quarts) water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds large or colossal raw shrimp, peeled with tails left on, and deveined (see Note)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared white horseradish, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
What to Do
- In a soup pot, bring the water, onion, celery, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice to a boil over high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through. Drain and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the ketchup, horseradish, tomato paste, and the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice; mix well.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve the shrimp with the cocktail sauce.
The number of servings depends on the size of the shrimp and how many you want to serve per person. There are 12 to 15 jumbo shrimp per pound and 16 to 20 colossal shrimp per pound.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you love chewy cookies and you love chocolate, you're in for a real treat! These Double Chocolate Chewies pack a chocolate punch nobody can resist! They're a bit chewy, really chocolatey, and a little crunchy, all at the same time. That's why they're one of Howard's all-time favorites! Pour a glass of ice cold milk, and get ready for a cookie experience like no other.