Mini Crab Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mini Crab Cakes are the perfect two-bite appetizer for your next gathering, even if all of your guests aren't on a diabetes diet. Loaded with crab meat, plenty of vegetables and spices, you might have to make another batch if you want leftovers!
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried tarragon
- 3 (6.5-ounce) cans lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the crabmeat and oil; mix well. Fold in the crabmeat, being careful not to break up the crabmeat chunks.
- Form mixture into 36 equal-sized patties. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot.
- Add the patties and cook in batches 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Try this one with a zippy sauce you can whip up from 1/4 cup light mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish, 1 tablespoon ketchup, and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
- If you're in the mood for seafood, check out these 7 Healthy Shrimp Recipes You Can't Resist!
- To find even more great-tasting diabetic-friendly recipes, as well as the complete nutritional information for this recipe, click HERE!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Calories 63
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 0.3g 2 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.2g 10 %
- Cholesterol 21mg 7 %
- Sodium 257mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 4.3g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 0.9g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our All American Skillet Goulash takes a few tasty liberties with traditional goulash and makes an all American goulash that's praise-worthy. Wait 'til you taste our budget-friendly, skillet version that is pure hearty comfort food.