Sicilian Stuffed Mushrooms
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These stuffed mushrooms are so easy to make that you'll want to have a party just to try them out! I love 'em for those spur-of-the-moment drop-ins...or anytime I want a no-fuss appetizer that'll rise above the rest.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound fresh medium-sized mushrooms (see Note)
- 1/4 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
What to Do
- Select the 12 largest mushrooms; remove the stems and reserve the caps. Chop the stems finely, along with the remaining mushrooms.
- In a large skillet, combine the chopped mushrooms and sausage over medium-high heat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until no pink remains in the sausage, stirring frequently to break up the sausage.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the bread crumbs, sour cream, and garlic powder until well combined.
- Preheat the broiler. Spoon the mixture evenly into the reserved mushroom caps and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil for 4 to 6 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Makes 12 mushrooms.
When making stuffed mushrooms, you want to make sure to use mushrooms that are all about the same size.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.