We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Most people count this staple among their favorite Chinese pork recipes, but haven't tried to re-create it at home. Why not give it a try? You'll see that it's easier than you thought to make Chinese Spareribs.
What You'll Need
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans condensed beef broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red food color (see Notes)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
What to Do
- In a 9" x 13" baking dish, combine all ingredients except the ribs; mix well. Add ribs, turning to coat well with the marinade. Cover and chill overnight, or at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place spareribs on baking sheet; reserve marinade for basting.
- Bake 15 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degree F. and bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until ribs are tender and glaze is crispy, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Cut into individual ribs and serve.
- In most Chinese-American restaurants, red food color is used to give these spareribs their bright color.
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 39 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes, which includes other favorite Chinese restaurant appetizers, like Chicken Egg Rolls.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!