Spooky Pimiento Cheese Cups
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here we took a Southern classic and created a spooktacular twist that is ghostly delicious. Each bite has an “eyeball" on top which makes it extra scary. These are so good, ya better keep an eye on them, before they all disappear.
What You'll Need
- 1 (1.9-ounce) package frozen phyllo shells
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained well on a paper towel
- 1 (8-ounce) block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 small pimiento-stuffed green olives, cut in half crosswise
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place shells on baking sheet and bake 3 to 5 minutes or until they begin to brown. Remove to a platter; set aside.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper until creamy. Add pimientos and cheddar cheese and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a spoon, place a heaping spoonful of cheese mixture into each shell. Top with an olive slice. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
Refrigerate leftover cheese spread and serve with veggies and crackers, or on your favorite bread as a sandwich.