Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's a holiday party without a few festive touches? I mean, besides the Christmas cookies and colorful decorations on the table, why not make some of the munchies spirited, too - like this tomato and basil bruschetta? It's color-coordinated especially for the holidays!
What You'll Need
- 1 loaf (12 ounces) French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded (not grated) Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 large tomato, chopped
What to Do
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the bread cut side up on a baking sheet. Brush evenly with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, the basil, and tomato. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and broil for 4 to 7 minutes, or until the bread is golden.
- Slice and serve.
- Makes about 1 dozen slices.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the root vegetables are on sale at your market, you've got to fill up a few bags, 'cause you're going to need them to make this recipe for Roasted Root Vegetables. Roasted vegetables are good as-is, but by tossing them in just a little olive oil and adding some basic seasonings, we really enhance their flavors!