Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's a holiday party without a few festive touches? I mean, besides the Christmas cookies and colorful decorations on the table, why not make some of the munchies spirited, too - like this tomato and basil bruschetta? It's color-coordinated especially for the holidays!
What You'll Need
- 1 loaf (12 ounces) French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded (not grated) Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 large tomato, chopped
What to Do
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the bread cut side up on a baking sheet. Brush evenly with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, the basil, and tomato. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and broil for 4 to 7 minutes, or until the bread is golden.
- Slice and serve.
- Makes about 1 dozen slices.