Chocolate Nutty Squares
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Feeling a little bit nutty? Treat yourself with one of our Chocolate Nutty Squares. These homemade chocolate cookies are sprinkled with plenty of nuts, giving every bite an equal amount of chocolaty crunch.
What You'll Need
- 1 (1-ounce) square unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients except nuts. Spread mixture evenly in baking dish, then sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake about 12 minutes. Cool slightly, then cut into squares. Cool completely before removing from baking dish.
It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Loaf Pan Mac 'n' Cheese is a unique way to serve macaroni and cheese to your family. Since it's baked in a loaf pan, all you have to do is slice and serve. Everyone in the family is going to love this ooey-gooey-cheesy dinner that's loaded with hot dog pieces. In fact, don't be surprised if they start cheering, "Hot diggity dog!"