We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This fork-tender recipe for flavorful brisket of beef is a perfect make-ahead. Not only do we get the bonus of extra time, but the leftovers make for sensational sandwiches!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (3-pound) boneless beef brisket, well trimmed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 pound carrots
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces (1-1/4 cups) pitted dried prunes
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the brisket and brown on both sides. Add the onion around the brisket; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the onion is tender.
- Add the beef broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover tightly, and simmer 2 hours.
- Add the carrots, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt, and pepper; cover and cook 45 to 60 minutes, or until the brisket is fork-tender.
- Uncover, add the prunes, and cook about 5 more minutes, or until prunes are tender.
- Slice the brisket across the grain and serve topped with the carrots, prunes, and sauce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've only got 15 minutes to make dinner, then you're going to love this pressure cooker recipe for 15-Minute Chicken Cacciatore. This is a fast and flavor-packed version of a classic Italian dish. Your family is going to devour it!