Barbecued Short Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Barbecued Short Ribs are the definition of meaty, tender, and flavorful. They're cooked in a fantastic sauce blend of spices, which then gets spooned over at the end, so ya don't miss a single drop of flavor!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 pounds beef short ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Sprinkle ribs evenly with salt and pepper and brown 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 1-1/2 hours, or until beef is fork-tender.
- Skim fat from sauce; serve ribs with sauce spooned over them.
While you're thoroughly enjoying the aroma of these ribs simmering, why not whip up a batch of our German Potato Salad for a great go-along!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was under lock and key with our Test Kitchen supervisor for years. It was a family recipe and she finally did share it with us. So, here you go. Make sure you let us know how much you like Cold Fudge Cake in the recipe comments below.