Braised Country Short Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These rich-tasting Braised Country Short Ribs are roasted along with fresh veggies and herbs, to make for a meal you'll really savor. Try this tender and flavorful dish whenever you're craving good, old-fashioned, country comfort.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds beef short ribs (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 celery stalk, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 (10-1/4-ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 cup water
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well, then evenly coat short ribs with mixture.
- In a soup pot over high heat, heat oil; cook short ribs 8 to 10 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Drain oil from pot. Add remaining ingredients to ribs; stir to blend well.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 1-1/2 hours, or until ribs are fork-tender and meat is falling off the bones.
A basket of our Sour Cream and Chive Biscuits alongside these luscious ribs? Of course!