Braised Country Short Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These rich-tasting Braised Country Short Ribs are roasted along with fresh veggies and herbs, to make for a meal you'll really savor. Try this tender and flavorful dish whenever you're craving good, old-fashioned, country comfort.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds beef short ribs (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 celery stalk, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 (10-1/4-ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 cup water
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well, then evenly coat short ribs with mixture.
- In a soup pot over high heat, heat oil; cook short ribs 8 to 10 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Drain oil from pot. Add remaining ingredients to ribs; stir to blend well.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 1-1/2 hours, or until ribs are fork-tender and meat is falling off the bones.
A basket of our Sour Cream and Chive Biscuits alongside these luscious ribs? Of course!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate these!