We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our version of a British classic, Cottage Pie, is made with tender top sirloin beef and veggies swimming in beefy gravy that's topped off with mashed potatoes and baked to perfection.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 pounds top sirloin beef, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 (12-ounce) jars beef gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- Paprika for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown beef and onion 6 to 8 minutes. Drain off excess liquid, if needed.
- Add peas and carrots, gravy, and thyme; mix well and pour into casserole dish. Place mashed potatoes over top and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until heated through.
To avoid a potential mess, place a baking sheet under the casserole dish, since this just might bubble over.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 291
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 5.1g 26 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 25g 51 %
- Cholesterol 71mg 24 %
- Sodium 479mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 21g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.7g 15 %
- Sugars 2.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ready to change up your sides? Our Vegetable Couscous recipe is a Moroccan-favorite and it's so versatile, it'll never get old! Not only can you switch it up with your favorite veggies, but you can eat it hot, or cold! Now that's definitely a side dish to put on the menu!