Beef and Bean Chimichangas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These Mexican favorites are baked instead of fried. Same great taste and a lot less mess! You might say we did a 'changa' to the 'chimis.'
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 (1-1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle taco sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water; cook 5 minutes over medium heat. Add corn and taco sauce; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of beans evenly onto each of the tortillas. Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture down center of each tortillas, and top with shredded cheese. Fold sides in and roll up, burrito-style; place seam side down on a lightly greased rimmed baking sheet. Spray tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, 22 minutes or until golden. Serve with desired toppings.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon custard pie was one of Honest Abe's favorites. His first taste of it came from Nancy Breedlove, the owner of a hotel he frequently stayed at. He loved her lemon custard pie so much, he asked her to share the recipe. Our version may not be exactly the one that's been used at the White House for years since, but it's still amazing!