Easy Beef Wellington
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For our Easy Beef Wellington, beef tenderloin steaks are wrapped in convenient frozen puff pastry dough along with a flavor-packed mushroom mixture then baked up to create a company classic.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (17-1/2-ounce) package frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 4 (4- to 5-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a nonstick skillet over medium heat , cook mushrooms, garlic, and thyme 6 to 8 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
Unfold puff pastry sheets and cut each in half crosswise. Spoon mushroom mixture onto center of each of the 4 pieces of puff pastry, distributing evenly.
Season both sides of tenderloin steaks with salt and pepper; place over mushroom mixture. Bring corners of pastry up over steaks; using your fingers, pinch corners and edges together to seal completely.
- Place seam-side down on baking sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden, and tenderloin is cooked to medium-rare, or to desired doneness beyond that.
- Trying to make things ahead of time? These can be assembled in advance and kept in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours before baking.
- Don't miss topping this with our Burgundy Wine Sauce for an elegant finishing touch.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 766
- Calories from Fat 455
- Total Fat 51g 78 %
- Saturated Fat 23g 116 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 32g 64 %
- Cholesterol 96mg 32 %
- Sodium 767mg 32 %
- Total Carbohydrates 49g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.4g 13 %
- Sugars 3.6g 0 %