Far East Beef and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Far East Beef and Rice is an east meets west one pot dish that's packed with flavor. Budget-friendly ground beef gets its lively taste from a variety of veggies and taste bud pleasing seasonings.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 5 ounces fresh mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 2 cups)
- 4 ounces fresh pea pods, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
What to Do
- In a large deep nonstick skillet or wok, brown the beef and garlic over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until no pink remains in the beef. Remove the beef to a bowl and drain off the excess liquid; set the beef aside.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the peppers, mushrooms, and pea pods for 3 to 4 minutes, just until tender. Add the beef and the remaining ingredients except the eggs.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Add the eggs and stir constantly for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through. Serve immediately.
- You can add a little extra crunch and color by adding 2 chopped scallions.
- Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a fan of chicken and waffles then we've got a stress-free way to make dinner that uses your favorite frozen breaded chicken tenders from the freezer aisle! This recipe is also versatile because you can make it in the oven, or in an air fryer! Everyone will love our Bacon 'n' Fried Chicken Wafflewich as a hearty twist on a classic favorite!