Far East Beef and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Far East Beef and Rice is an east meets west one pot dish that's packed with flavor. Budget-friendly ground beef gets its lively taste from a variety of veggies and taste bud pleasing seasonings.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 5 ounces fresh mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 2 cups)
- 4 ounces fresh pea pods, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
What to Do
- In a large deep nonstick skillet or wok, brown the beef and garlic over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until no pink remains in the beef. Remove the beef to a bowl and drain off the excess liquid; set the beef aside.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the peppers, mushrooms, and pea pods for 3 to 4 minutes, just until tender. Add the beef and the remaining ingredients except the eggs.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Add the eggs and stir constantly for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through. Serve immediately.
- You can add a little extra crunch and color by adding 2 chopped scallions.
- Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!